What Technologies can help save energy?
This section has more technical information on thermally efficient materials, energy efficiency measures, heating systems, renewables technology and sustainable building. It will help you to decide which technologies and materials are most suitable for your circumstances. Case studies give local examples of households and their experiences of energy efficiency improvements to their home.
See articles on:
- Electricity storage: a smart move?
- Energy storage, you and the grid
- Health check for solar panels
- Making the most of your solar panels
- Optimiser makes the most of solar PV
- Solar PVT: hybrid panels with a dual function
- Solar electricity (PV) technology
- Solar thermal water heating technology
- Thermodynamic solar panels
- Types of solar PV modules
Check out the experiences of local people and businesses installing energy saving measures. If you are interested in any of the examples, contact us for more information.
Note that mention of particular products or companies in these case studies does not imply endorsement or approval by Stafford Area Save your Energy.
- Dunston Business Village: where ‘green’ makes commercial sense
- Energy Saving light bulbs
- Fuel cell helps power Madeley Centre
- Happy with hot air: warming to an air source heat pump
- Insulating a Victorian terrace house
- Lofty ambitions: making a warm, useful space
- PV panels: 'solar so good'
- Solar Water Heating
- Solar power helps local farmers
- Stafford's 'eco' house: test bed for sustainable living
- Sustainable barn conversion
- Warmcel loft insulation
- Wood Pellet boiler